小沼ようすけ (Jazz Guitarist)
同年にBLUE NOTE NY & TOKYOでリリースライヴをおこなう。
第一弾作品としてパリで録音された「Jam Ka」の続編、 「Jam Ka Deux」をリリース。
official web site
Yosuke Onuma is one of Japan's foremost jazz guitarists. With nine hit releases and live performances in such diverse places as the United States, Italy, Hong Kong and Indonesia, he is quickly becoming known around the world. Inside Japan, he has grown to dominating fame as the new leader of the next generation of jazz guitarists. His solo guitar arrangements recently published as a book “Hop Step Jazz” after serialized in a magazine for four years.
Onuma started to play the guitar at the age of fourteen under the influence from his father. In 2001, he came out with his debut album, "nu jazz," through Sony Music Japan. After releasing three groove jazz albums, in 2004 Onuma released his ground-breaking fourth album, "The Three Primary Colors," recorded as a trio with Richard Bona (bass) and Ari Hoenig (drums) in New York. This highly acclaimed album showed a change in Onuma's style which still holds to this day; a style characterized by exclusively using finger-picking - abandoning the use of a guitar pick entirely.
After residing in seaside from 2007, Onuma was fascinated by surfing. It became the other important part of his life besides the guitar. Taking inspiration from the ride on the surf, he released his sixth album, "Beautiful Day." He worked on this album with engineer Al Schmitt in the surf-culture mecca of beachside Los Angeles. In 2010, Onuma recorded his seventh album “Jam Ka” in New York with Guadeloupean musicians using a Caribbean rhythm from Guadeloupe called “gwo ka.” He has played with the band at Blue Note NY and Blue Note Tokyo in the same year. Onuma has, in fact, created a fresh sound, not only a fusion of creole music with his many years of experiences of groove jazz but also a perfect union of the sounds of the sea and the music of the guitar.
In 2014, Onuma has released “GNJ,” his ninth album under the concept of organic jazz with fine Japanese musicians.
Currently, Onuma is composing pieces for an upcoming album “Jam Ka Deux” that expands on the concepts underlying “Jam Ka.” The recording will be planned in Paris in 2016. It will be released from a newly established his own label “Flyway Label” as an affiliated label in Mocloud Music Group.
- Third place at the Heritage International Jazz Guitar Competition (1995)
- The grand prize at the Gibson Jazz Guitar Competition in Japan (1999)
International Festivals :
- Tokyo Jazz Festival in Tokyo, in 2005 & 2006.
- Java Jazz Festival in Jakarta, in 2007
- Hong Kong Jazz Festival in 2009
- Italy tour in 2009
- Bach Festival in Portland, in 2015
Side Activities :
- Isao Suzuki Band (1999-2000)
- Aquapit (2000-2014)
- TKY (2005) *co-leader, with TOKU and Kenji Hino
- Tony Monaco, Yosuke Onuma & Gene Jackson (2011- current) *co-leader
- Terumasa Hino Band (2012)
- Shuichi “PONTA” Murakami Unit “We Three” (2012- current)
- Double Rainbow (2013) *co-leader, duet with Takana Miyamoto
- Allende (2015- current) *co-leader, trio with Kai Petite and Takamitsu Ishizuka
- Gibson Guitars
- La Bella Strings
- Taylor Guitars
- Echizen Guitars
Radio Appearance :
- “Yosuke Onuma’s Premium One” in “i-dio,” multimedia broadcasting updated in every week from March 2016.